Like most of the social media accounts, your Instagram account can also be
disabled for a temporary period and will temporarily remove your existence from
Other users will not be able to discover your account anymore on Instagram after
you deactivate the account for a specific time until you activate your account
It is said that during the temporarily disable period, your Instagram account will
only be hidden and in a kind of be in a Sleep Mode. Thus, if the next time you log
in, your account gets active like it was before.
When you decide to disable your account temporarily, your profile, all of your
photos and videos, comments and likes, and followers get hidden until you
reactivate it by logging back in.
Follow the simple steps mentioned below to disable Instagram your account
1. Open Instagram website from your mobile or computer browser.
2. Enter your username and password, and tap on the Login button at the
bottom of the page. (If you have already logged into your account, you will
get to see the home page of your Instagram account).
Note: You can’t continue this process of disabling your account from an
3. Tap on the Profile icon. You will find in the top right corner of the page.
4. Tap on the Edit Profile option. You will see this next to your username at
the top of the page.
5. Then scroll little down and tap on the Temporarily Disable My Account
option. This link is located on the right side of the bottom of your profile
6. Now you will need to indicate a reason for disabling your Instagram
account. Click one of the reasons prompted in the Colum asking “Why are
you disabling your account?”
7. Here you have to re-enter your Instagram password.
8. Then tap on Temporarily Disable Account button. You will find this at the
bottom of the page.
9. At last, tap on the OK button when prompted. This will disable your account
and sign you out of the Instagram on all of the devices you have linked your
We hope this article will help you learn how you can easily disable your Instagram
account for the desired period.
About the Author: Karen Minton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.